Computer desks have evolved with technological changes. Previously, computer labs taught students basic computing activities, but now they are widely used to educate students on technology-driven applications and program-specific software. Computer lab tables are emerging to meet the various goals of today’s trend with specialised features. Thus, a computer lab table design is a vital component in every school lab. Let us see the importance of computer tables and how it helps in cable management here.
Common Features of Computer Lab Tables
Computer lab tables provide a durable and safe working surface for students. A few of the common traits of high-quality computer tables are stated here.
- Computer lab tables are easily reconfigured. As the lab procedures evolve or expand, it is important that the computer table also grows with it. Adjustable height lab tables are mandatory wherever expansion is anticipated. Flexible furniture provides better support to the lab space without having the need to move many things.
- Computer lab tables are durable and will last for longer durations without maintenance. It is recommended to invest in high-quality computer lab tables so that you will realise long-term benefits without spending money on repairs.
- Computer lab tables increase productivity by allowing the user to sit in a comfortable posture for long hours. As comfort is the essence of good performance and productivity, these tables are in high demand these days.
- Computer lab tables offer good health by correcting the posture and eliminating the risk of injuries to the spine and neck.
Uniqueness & Usefulness of Computer Lab Tables
A computer desk is becoming standard furniture in most homes and offices as they are available in various shapes and sizes. Simple desks are used for writing and reading, whereas a full-fledged multi-utility desk comes with storage drawers to keep books, cables and other belongings. Computer lab tables provide ample leg space, and adjustable chairs can extend them further. Multitasking is highly possible with these tables as they have sufficient space to accommodate monitors, keyboards and other accessories. The extra space inbuilt in these tables can hold numerous things like UPS devices, internet modem, cords, adapters, speakers, etc. This eliminates the need to invest in additional stands or equipment holders.
A well-designed computer lab table holds the monitor perfectly in a way such that it is neither parallel nor perpendicular to the wall. This configuration prevents glare on the computer screen from windows. Therefore, it eliminates headaches and eye fatigue. It is possible to customise computer lab tables as per the user’s requirements. It offers great flexibility, which makes the person feel more comfortable. Most important of all, computer lab tables allow cables and wires to hang freely. Whereas, in a straight desk, we have to stuff them into holes or pinch them between walls. Finally, computer tables are very beneficial as they help organise different belongings and accessories.
Tips for Effective Cable Management With the Help of Computer Lab Tables
It is quite natural for labs to contain a lot of wires and cables. But if they run across the floor, it will be a great inconvenience. Here are a few practical tips for managing cables effectively.
- Desk organisers are ideal for keeping the things that accumulate beneath the computer lab tables. This serves as a storage equipment for wires, cords, power strips, modems and everything on the floor. As wires and cables are secured into these organisers, it prevents the hazard of tripping and falling.
- Use velcro ties and fasten long cables. After swirling the cables securely with these ties, you can drop them into the desk organisers or table storage spaces. This ensures that the cable is neatly organised within the available storage area.
- Colour-coded labels make it easy to identify the right cable among numerous wires and cables. Either you can mark the wires or use different colours of spiral wires to label them. Drop them into the storage compartments of desks to keep them out of sight and create a neat ambience.
- Drill a hole in the computer lab tables to insert the running cables and make them flow through them. You can secure them further by using cable clamps and straps, which ensures keeping the wires and cords tidy.
A few of the simple hacks to make cable management without the help of computer lab tables are as follows.
- Use carpets to seal the cables or wires running on the floor. But if you are too concerned about safety, invest in slip-resistant carpets.
- Cable ducts help route cables to make the lab work easy and manageable.
- Wire coverings are available widely in the commercial market. These are simple, cost-effective, and protect the cable from damage.
- Label the cables or mark the wires and cords. You will find it easy to troubleshoot cable-related problems when you start labelling. Therefore, you can invest in a labelling machine to reduce expenses and improve convenience. Labelling is a good option for small-scale cable solutions and not when there are large-scale or medium-scale organising requirements.
- Bundling is another technique to manage cables in vast and tiny work spaces. It is done by gathering and wrapping the cords, cables and wires into bundles and then marking them to avoid confusion in future. You can use these tricks and store the cables inside computer lab tables as they become small after wrapping.
- Spiral wraps are the ideal solution for jumbled cables. They are non-adhesive and flexible wraps which are beneficial in organising cords, wires and cables. These wraps look appealing and offer great protection through simple installation. Spiral wraps are not heat-resistant but save the wires from external wear and abrasion.
After going through the entire article, by now, you would have understood the significance of computer lab tables and how effectively they help in cable management. Follow the steps in your home or office and see how effectively you can transform your interior with less investment in a short duration. Inspace school furniture are the premium supplier of school furniture in Chennai. We do not compromise on quality over aesthetics. With the latest technological advancement in manufacturing techniques, we create high-quality, durable and easy to maintain furniture.